How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan’s Department of Pediatrics Residency Program. All of our positions are filled through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Match.
To apply you must:
- Be a graduate of a United States or Canadian medical school, have a US Citizenship, a green card, an F-1 visa, or a J-1 visa.
- Have passed USMLE Part I. We require that you have taken and passed Step II CK/CS at least three months prior to the start of training.
- Have graduated from medical school not more than 5 years ago
- Apply through the ERAS System.
- Submit three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must address clinical skills and be written by clinical supervisors.
Osteopathic medical school
graduates currently completing an OGME-1 year are eligible to apply.
Students graduating from osteopathic medical schools are welcome to apply, but
should note that we may be unable to fulfill the requirements for an
AOA-approved OGME-1 year, which is required for permanent licensure in several
states, including Michigan.
The interview day consists of an overview with the Program Director, a hospital tour, attending Morning Report, interviews with faculty, and lunch with our residents. We also sponsor a social event with residents the evening prior to your interview. Our interview season begins in October. Applications for the 2016 – 2017 academic year will be accepted until November 30, 2015. For any other questions contact:
Pediatric Residency Program
University of Michigan Health System
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Medical Professional Building
Room D3227, SPC 5718
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5718
Follow us on Twitter