- All of our positions are filled through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Match.
- All applicants must have taken and passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step I. We require that you have taken and passed Step II CK/CS at least three months prior to the start of training.
- All applicants must have competed at least one year of clinical training in a LCME- or ACGME- approved program. This year must include hands-on patient care, for which the student/residents has taken an active role demonstrating responsibility for patient care and outcome.
- To be considered, applicants must be a US citizen, carry a F-1 or J-1 visa, or have permanent resident status (green card).
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school not more than 5 years prior to application.
- Applications must include a Dean’s letter and three letters of recommendation, at least two of which must address clinical skills and be written by clinical supervisors.
- Applications for the 2017 – 2018 academic year will be accepted until November 30, 2016.
- We use a multi-criteria based selection process. Therefore, we do not provide minimum score or grade requirements.
- Osteopathic medical school graduates currently completing an OGME-1 year are eligible to apply. Students graduating from osteopathic medical schools are welcome to apply, but should note that we may be unable to fulfill the requirements for an AOA-approved OGME-1 year, which is currently required for permanent licensure in several states, including Michigan.
- Observerships/externships are not provided in our department.
For any other questions contact:
Pediatric Residency Program
University of Michigan Health System
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Medical Professional Building
Room D3227, SPC 5718
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5718
Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan’s Department of Pediatrics Residency Program.